POLICE OFFICERS SAY UP TO TEN PEOPLE WERE SHOT TO THEIR DEATH IN A WALMART SUPERCENTER AS MANAGER ENTERED BREAK ROOM AND STARTED SHOOTING AS REVEALED BY EMPLOYEE IN FACEBOOK LIVE
- Up to 10 people were killed in a shooting at a Walmart in Chesapeake, Virginia on Tuesday night
- The gunman was said to be a ‘manager’ at the store that ‘started capping people’ in the staff room
- Police said the the gunman is dead and were searching the store after reports of multiple injuries
- Over 40 emergency vehicles arrived at the Walmart just after 10pm to reports of the shooting
- One employee took to social media and said that the gunman was his Walmart manager
- He said that the manager entered the staff room at the supercenter and it started raining bullets
- The shaken staff member told friends: ‘I just left the break room, the manager come in there and started capping people up in there, started shooting. Sadly we lost a few of our associates’
- It’s currently unclear how many people are dead, and cops are still trying to clear out the store
Up to 10 people have been killed at a Walmart store in Chesapeake, Virginia, after a gunman – believed to be the store manager – opened fire just days before Thanksgiving.
According to witnesses at the scene, one of the managers entered the break room and started shooting at people inside the Sam’s Circle Walmart, located just off Battlefield Boulevard, at around 10:10 p.m. on Tuesday night.
Police said the gunman was dead when they arrived on the scene but did not confirm whether he died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound – though a Walmart employee claimed the shooter turned the gun on himself.
First responders found multiple deceased victims when they arrived at the scene as well as several wounded. One victim’s dead body was discovered outside, beside the store’s entrance.
The exact number of victims is not yet clear, but a Chesapeake Police Department spokesman said that no more than 10 people died in the mass shooting and that he believes no police shots were fired. All those injured have been transported to hospitals in the area.
Five patients were being treated for injuries at Sentara Norfolk General Hospital, the area’s top trauma center, a spokesperson confirmed.
But many are thought to be seriously hurt, as over 40 emergency service vehicles swooped to the Walmart supercenter on Tuesday night.
One Walmart employee, standing outside the store after the horrific attack, revealed on social media: ‘It was the manager. One of the managers.’
Referring to the gunman, the shaken staff member added: ‘He blew his brains out and everything. He killed the girl in there and everything. He came in and started spraying. I’m sorry for the victims.
‘I just left the break room, the manager come in there and started capping people up in there, started shooting. Sadly we lost a few of our associates.’
‘It was a traumatic experience,’ he later revealed to DailyMail.com.
A second Walmart employee, who showed up for their nightshift shortly after the shooting, told reporters at the scene: ‘Thank goodness I showed up late.’
Source: Daily Mail Online, Neirin Gray Desai