Feds Say That Megachurch Pastor Forced Young Girls as Young as 12 and Young Women Into Sex, Telling Them the Lie That It Was ‘God’s Will’

Apollo Carreon Quiboloy appears on his talk show in 2016 in Davao City, southern Philippines. (Aaron Favila/AP)

Between 2002 and 2018, Apollo Carreon Quiboloy — the founder of a Philippines-based megachurch — and his accomplices recruited women and girls as young as 12 to work as Quiboloy’s personal assistants, or “pastorals,” prosecutors said.

Under Quiboloy and his accomplices’ orders, women and girls prepared his meals, cleaned his multiple residences in the Philippines and the United States, gave him massages and accompanied him on trips around the world, court records state.

For over 15 years, the victims were forced to devote their lives and bodies to the founder of the Kingdom of Jesus Christ, the Name Above Every Name by writing “commitment letters” to Quiboloy, prosecutors state.

Quiboloy, an ally of the Philippine president who has referred to himself as “the Appointed Son of God” and is believed to be 71, allegedly forced the women and girls to regularly engage in sexual acts with him in what he called the “night duty.” Quiboloy, also known as “sir” and “pastor,” and his accomplices would tell his victims that obedience to Quiboloy was “God’s will” and that “night duty” was considered a privilege and a means to salvation, court records state.

Now, Quiboloy and two of his top administrators, Teresita Tolibas Dandan, 59, and Felina Salinas, 50, have been charged with orchestrating a sex-trafficking operation, federal prosecutors announced this week. Girls and young women were forced into sex with the church’s leader under threats of “eternal damnation,” according to a superseding indictment unsealed on Thursday and filed in the U.S. Central District of California.

Quiboloy, Dandan and Salinas could not be reached for comment. An attorney representing Quiboloy did not immediately respond to a message from The Washington Post late Thursday. Court records do not list attorneys for Dandan and Salinas.

In a statement released Friday, legal counsel for the Kingdom of Jesus Christ said its leaders were “maliciously accused” and dismissed those raising the case as “dissidents.”

“We are confident and ready to face whatever is hurled against Pastor Quiboloy and the Kingdom leaders,” it said.

The 42-count superseding indictment includes nine defendants and expands on charges filed last year against three church administrators. That indictment accused the administrators of illegally bringing church members to the United States on fraudulent visas and forcing them to solicit money for a bogus charity that financed the megachurch’s operations and its leaders’ lavish lifestyles.

Federal investigators say some members who successfully solicited money for the church were forced into sham marriages. Leaders allegedly arranged fraudulent student visas for others so the members could continue collecting money for the church.

Click here to read more.
Source: Washington Post