Google believes it has already protected people using Android-powered phones and its Chrome operating system from many of the security weaknesses disclosed by the anti-secrecy site WikiLeaks.
The reassurance given Wednesday came about 36 hours after WikiLeaks released thousands of documents that it claims show a broad program by the CIA to turn everyday gadgets such as iPhones into snooping tools by exploiting previously undisclosed software flaws.
Apple had previously said it fixed many of the problems that made iPhones and iPads vulnerable.
The Android software, which Google gives away to device makers, powers about eight out of every smartphones in the world.
Google said it is still analyzing the documents released by WikiLeaks and will take any other additional security steps.
Source: Associated Press